We saw some amazing success this month at the Master Electricians Excellence Awards in Auckland for Aotea Group. We were also able to celebrate a very special proposal, live at the event...
A massive congratulations to all the businesses that attended the Master Electricians Excellence Awards this October. These awards are in association with etco (The Electrical Training Experts) and aim to identify and recognise excellence within the electrical contracting industry. It was an awesome night filled with exciting outcomes.
Innovation. Leadership. Sustainability.
Businesses had to prove and showcase how they have navigated these three important values within the current climate. The formal awards evening celebrated these achievements and profiled businesses who hold themselves to the highest standard of excellence. Below were the winners from Aotea Group:
2022 Award Winners:
- Buzz Barham from Buzz Electrics - Industry Champion Award.
Buzz is respected by all his peers within the industry, and he also makes sure his own team is well looked after, even opening his own home to employees over the years when they are struggling, to help them get back on track. He is a valued contributor to industry and the Master Electricians brand, encouraging participation from his team in the Apprentice of the Year awards and the Excellence awards. This year’s success in the awards illustrates how successful he has been in instilling and encouraging the skills of his team.
- Buzz Electrics took out the Excellence Award for a Project Award ($1 to $5 million) - Gold for their work on Villa Maria’s new winery build in Hawkes Bay. They created an automated electrical systems package that would cover the whole site operation from product delivery, services control and winery monitoring, through to the finished wine product.
- Aotea Electric Canterbury was awarded the Excellence Award for a Project (under $1million) - Gold for developing a fully automated wash system for train carriages at KiwiRail’s Waltham service centre.
The Service Centre is where KiwiRail’s South Island trains (the TranzAlpine and Coastal Pacific lines) come before and after each journey for servicing, maintenance, and cleaning. Septic tanks are emptied, brake systems checked, diesel topped up, and each train is washed and dried before setting off on to pick up passengers for the next scenic journey.
- Buzz Electrics for Dags To Riches - Project Award (under $1 million) - Silver for Cavalier Bremworth, Awatoto, Hawkes Bay.
- Carl Williams from Buzz Electrics - Judges Special Recommendation Award.
Although the awards night was exciting, there was another memorable event that happened for Buzz Barham and his now fiancé, Maria Hooper at the same time. After what was an extremely successful night for Buzz Electrics, and for Buzz with him receiving the prestigious Industry Champion Award, he decided to make it even more memorable by proposing to Maria up on stage! Congratulations to both of you. What a night to remember.