At Aotea Electric Marlborough Communications Division, succession, personal growth and lifestyle are important to us. We offer a competitive remuneration package with a company phone and vehicle included, staff development, a friendly environment and enjoyable social activities.
Aotea Electric Marlborough is a large leading provider of electrical, air conditioning and communications, MATV and AV services based in Blenheim. We service a large variety of residential, commercial, industrial, and education clients throughout the Marlborough region.
Reporting to the Data Supervisory team and operating out of our Blenheim office, the successful applicant will provide a wide variety of services, including commercial cabling installation, fibre optic installation and maintenance, rewiring and retrofit, structured cabling, MATV and more.
Quality workmanship and delivery for our customers is the key to our success! Individuals who are team-oriented, have excellent customer service skills and are committed to providing high-quality work will be considered for these positions.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Managing the installation, maintenance and documentation of structured cabling and Audio/Video (A/V) projects.
- Pulling cable, fire stopping, dressing cables and labelling to industry/manufacturer standards.
- Terminating, assembling and installing 8-pin RJ45 modular connectors, coaxial connectors and optical fibre connectors.
- Installation of network cabinets, equipment & wireless access points.
- Supporting trainee technicians by encouraging learning in the field.
- Fault finding, toning, diagnosing and troubleshooting of copper and fibre optic problems.
- Installation of residential and commercial MATV systems.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with customers and other trades.
The successful applicant must:
- Have previous experience in installing, troubleshooting, and repairing structured fiber optic and copper cabling and MATV systems.
- Have previous experience working on large commercial building sites and a proven track record of delivering projects to a high standard.
- Have working knowledge and experience with equipment used for structured cabling systems testing and fusion splicing, such as an OTDR, fibre optic fusion splicer, Fluke copper DSX cable analyzers & Versiv testers.
- Have a current full driver’s licence.
- Be punctual, well-presented, organised and motivated to develop their skill level.
- Be prepared to work extra hours on occasion and night work when required.
- Have previous experience or certification with brands such as CommScope, Legrand, Actassi, and Hubbell. This is advantageous, although not essential.
- Our data technicians service high-profile clients in the government and local council sectors, therefore it is essential that the successful candidate can pass the NZ Police vetting process.
This role is best suited for a data and MATV technician looking to further their career and personal development.
In return, Aotea Electric Marlborough Communications Division offers a competitive remuneration package, challenging & dynamic work with world-class people, room for growth and a casual work environment.
Aotea Electric Marlborough
Marlborough > Blenheim