Are you eager to explore a new professional setting where you will work with a vibrant team on all kinds of electrical projects? Always desired to work for a company that values effort?
Buzz Electrics is a continually growing electrical company, that provides cost effective electrical solutions to the industrial and commercial industries, based in Hawkes Bay, but serving the whole of New Zealand.
Reporting to the Data Supervisor and operating out of our Hastings office, the successful applicant will provide a wide variety of services including commercial cable installation, fibre optic installation and maintenance, rewiring and retrofit, structured cabling and more. Quality workmanship and delivering for our customers is the key to our success! Individuals who are team-oriented, have excellent customer service skills and are committed to providing high-quality work will be considered for these positions.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Managing the installation, maintenance and documentation of structured cabling & Audio/Video (A/V) projects.
- Pulling cable, fire stopping, dressing cables and labelling to industry/manufacturer standards
- Terminating, assembling and installing 8-pin RJ45 modular connectors, coaxial connectors and optical fibre connectors.
- Installation of network cabinets, equipment & wireless access points.
- Supporting trainee technicians by encouraging learning in the field.
- Fault finding, toning, diagnosing and troubleshooting of copper and fibre optic problems.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with customers and other trades.
The successful applicant must:
- Have previous experience in installing, troubleshooting, and repairing structured fibre optic and copper cabling systems.
- Have working knowledge and experience with equipment used for structured cabling systems testing and fusion splicing, such as an OTDR, fibre optic fusion splicer, Fluke DSX-5000 & CertiFiber Pro testers.
- Have a current full driver’s licence.
- Be punctual, well presented, organised and motivated to develop their skill level.
- Be prepared to work extra hours on occasion.
- Have previous experience or certification with brands such as Commscope, Actassi, Hubbell. This is advantageous although not essential.
- Our data technicians service high profile clients and Ministry of Education Schools therefore it is essential that the successful candidate will pass the NZ Police vetting process.
This role is best suited for a data technician looking to further their career and personal development. In return, Buzz Electrics offers a competitive remuneration package, challenging & dynamic work with world-class people, room for growth and a casual work environment.
Hawkes Bay > Hawkes Bay